Many times, the healing journey can seem challenging. When a sense of balance is missing from your healing work, it can make that journey much more taxing. Within these moments a sense of overwhelm and frustration can settle in and giving up might seem an easier path.
Having a better understanding of how imbalance presents itself within your healing work helps empower your process. This understanding and sense of empowerment assists you in providing yourself with the most appropriate and helpful support, bringing about a more balanced healing dynamic.
There are some primary ways imbalance makes your healing journey more difficult and painful:
- Healing burn out. Feeling apathetic, stressed, depressed, or anxious when you think about, or engage in, your healing process are all signs of healing burn out. These symptoms are strong indicators that there is a significant lack of balance within your healing work.
- Inability to integrate. If you feel you are making zero progress, feel stuck, or are experiencing little to no improvement, this may be due to a lack of integration of your healing progress. It is important to take the time to assimilate and incorporate your healing progress into your life experience through positive action. The changes facilitated by positive action go a long way in supporting the integration of all your hard work.
- Impatience. Pushing yourself too hard or too fast is counterproductive and impedes healing progression. Healing takes time and cannot be rushed. Impatience is a form of judgement. Self-criticism and judgement shut down the healing process.
- Unrealistic expectations. Expectations are a form of judgement, and just like impatience, will hinder your healing. Expecting your healing to unfold in a very certain way encumbers progress. Flexibility is key to a productive healing journey.
- Becoming lost and mired in pain. Healing can be painful on all levels; physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. For this reason, it is imperative to titrate your healing work in such a way that you do not become overwhelmed and lost in your pain. It is important to acknowledge pain without unpacking and living there.
- Dishonesty. Healing requires honesty—with yourself and with any professional healing practitioners supporting your journey. A lack of honesty prohibits healing. Dishonesty prevents you from applying or receiving appropriate support. A healing professional offers you support and guidance based on the information you give them. If you are not being honest or fail to relay important information, helpful and productive healing guidance becomes impossible. Dishonesty is denial. Denial with yourself and your healing process prevents you from providing proper healing self-support and self-care.
The above-mentioned experiences, symptomology, and dynamics create imbalance, frustration, and halt the healing process. Here are some support suggestions that will help maintain balance along your healing journey:
- Self-care. How kind, compassionate, loving, and caring are you with yourself? Self-care is key to a balanced healing journey. Without proper daily self-care, long term and true healing becomes illusive.
- Take a break. Spending every waking hour focused on healing work is counterproductive and blocks progress. This is also the primary cause of healing burn out. Balance in all things, including your healing process. There is a compassionate ebb and flow to a balanced healing journey. Give yourself permission to move in and out of intensive healing work.
- Creative expression. Connect with a creative outlet that brings you joy. Dropping down into a joyful creative practice inserts light into darkness and pain. Unedited and free-flow creative expression directly connects you to a joyful space of being. This can provide an uplifting relief from pain, anxiety, and depression. The creative process is a reminder that the joy and sweetness of life is always there, all you must do to receive its support, is connect with the energy.
- Grounding. When you are grounded you feel calmer and more balanced in general. Engage in grounding activities. Get out in nature. Take a brisk walk outside. Get your hands in the dirt and garden. Sit outside under a tree as you connect with its grounding and supportive energies. Take a break in your day to slowly savor a cup of herbal tea. Dance and drum. What helps you root into Mother Earth?
- Creating a sense of safety. Healing happens when you are in a state of rest and repose, the parasympathetic state of being. Fear and lack of safety places you in a state of flight or fight, the sympathetic state of being. Doing your best to create a sense of safety for yourself supports a more harmonious healing journey. It doesn’t have to be perfect to be effective. Striving for perfection, especially in healing, blocks the process.
- Balanced journaling. Journaling has the potential to provide powerful healing and clearing support if done so in a balanced manner. Creating a balanced journaling experience for yourself supports release and reclamation work. Balanced journaling brings in positivity and shines a light into the darkness. It increases positive focus and is uplifting. As you journal, include the acknowledgement of the joy you experience within your daily life. What brought you a sense of gratitude and joy as you moved through your day? What were your successes, accomplishments, milestones, or goals reached?
- Honesty. When you are honest with yourself, you are empowered to understand and apply the most appropriate and helpful support. Doing so creates a sense of calm, safety, and harmony.
So, the next time you are feeling overwhelmed by your healing process, stop, breathe, and re-evaluate. What is helping right now? What is harmful right now? The answer to these two questions will help you understand how to bring more balance and harmony into your healing journey.
I am so excited to announce that I have published my second card deck! Crystal and Gemstone Spirit Medicine Cards are a 31-card deck that feature 27 stones and crystals which may be used for deepening your spiritual connection to the mineral realm, healing support, enlightenment, and intuitive growth. The card deck includes instructions for use, how to clear your cards, positive affirmations, key spiritual and energetic attributes, and a gorgeous color photograph of each stone. This little deck is packed full of information and comes in its own fabric storage bag. Only $19.95 and available for purchase through my website.